ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cold start? should i be concerned

clio 5door sport rep
had my clio for over a year now. and has always started first time.

the other day it was pretty cold. i got in and it wouldnt start. had to give it a jump start...

hadnt left any lights on or anything. and the car is used all the time. went out this morning and it was also cold and it took a couple of times to start....

is this the sign of something i should be concered about? just worried as like i said its always started first time and it has been a lot colder than it has been the past few days when it has.

cheers

Vivaro van
Could be a weak battery, is the battery old or fairly new? If its old id be changin that 1st

clio 5door sport rep
havent changed it since ive had the car... so its over a year old.... how often should you change the battery?

Bike*
This could be your starter motor on the way out, mine has just gone.

Is it even ticking over when you start it first time?

clio 5door sport rep
once ive got it started and been driving it, if i stop it and start it after a wee run its fine and starts first time. has just been in the mornings when its been cold that it takes a while.

Bike*
once ive got it started and been driving it, if i stop it and start it after a wee run its fine and starts first time. has just been in the mornings when its been cold that it takes a while.

When it doesnt start the first time doesit start ticking whilst trying to start?

clio 5door sport rep
yeah just kinda goes viiit viiiit viiit, viiit viiit viiit, lol as if its trying to start. if it does that i have to press the accelerator to bring it to life

Id get the battery checked they die a lot in the cold weatheer any more than 5 years and you have done well with the battery.