ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cold start problems

clio 1.2
As EDDE pointed out in the commen problems about the car not starting when the centre dash light is flashing. I am having this problem but only when its cold (when i leave work at 11pm) any other time i give it a good turning of the key and it starts. I have told my local renault garage and they said "how can we fix a car that runs" which means i'll have to take it down there as a non starter! Surly this is maddness when there is obviously a problem when cold. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas?? Help would be much appreciated.

The light is indicating the engine imobiliser is still on hence a problem with the ekys or transponder. I'd try a new battery in the remote (ask at halfords they will often do the swop for free).