ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cold air feed

Clio 172 Sport
I've received some advise from someone on here which i really apreshiate. just like to clarify something.

I've been advised to leave the hole in the airbox open but no feed pipe going into it. apparently the feed pipe is smaller and restricts airflow slightly.

Would this not make the engine take in warm air from the engine?

They seemed to get good results from doing this i'd just like to clarify this

Thanks

Flame Red Delight
nick do you know much about the cold air feeds as i have just bought myself an induction kit and like the idea of a cold air feed but have no idea what it does and how you actually create one.

would appreciate if you could help me, thanks

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
well you just have to feed the cold air feed tube from somewhere at the bottom of the bumper or something like that to get the coldest air, then run it up to the air filter and secure it really not much to it. And Nick tbh i would think that it would take warm air into the engine, and if it was smaller surely it would creat a sort of vacum type effect and the air would move faster?

Golf GTD Mk7
the idea is that with a CAF on the front bumper, as you drive along, air is forced in and pushes it towards the filter. Cold air makes the engine run more efficiently hense the so called 'gain in power'. The air in the engine bay is in theory warmer, so sucking from there will be less efficient.

Clio 172 Sport
well you just have to feed the cold air feed tube from somewhere at the bottom of the bumper or something like that to get the coldest air, then run it up to the air filter and secure it really not much to it. And Nick tbh i would think that it would take warm air into the engine, and if it was smaller surely it would creat a sort of vacum type effect and the air would move faster?

That does make sence :)

the idea is that with a CAF on the front bumper, as you drive along, air is forced in and pushes it towards the filter. Cold air makes the engine run more efficiently hense the so called 'gain in power'. The air in the engine bay is in theory warmer, so sucking from there will be less efficient.

Thats what i was worried about and why i've asked this question. thanks for the advice:D

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry if i didnt make any sense to you mate, But when something is large then gets smaller as it goes along the air is forced to move along faster so faster colder air to the filter lol, The more cold air you get into the engine the better.

Clio 172 Sport
Sorry if i didnt make any sense to you mate, But when something is large then gets smaller as it goes along the air is forced to move along faster so faster colder air to the filter lol, The more cold air you get into the engine the better.

Sorry mate i wasn't takign the mick when i said that makes sence. i know what you meant lol

Basically by being smaller tubing there will be more pressure there to speed up the flow of cold air to the filter :cool:

Thanks for the advice :star: