ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold Air Feed, where do I get the bits/kit? and is it worth it?

RB Clio 182 Cup
Hi I'm a noob :)

Just bought a RB 182 Cup, totally standard and pickin it up in a day or so.

Not interested in doing any silly expensive mods but for a start was thinking performance filter and cold air feed. I hear induction kits are a waste of time and money for 182s and can actually hurt performance.

So what's your opinions? Are their cold air feed kits or do ppl just make them up themselves? What is the best performance and cleanable air filter?

cheers guys

RB 182
Had a K&N in for a while and other than the noise it was probably worse than standard. Now running an espace V6 airbox with feed from front bumper and feels better and not quite as loud

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I tried using a 172 airbox with green cotton air filter from Demon Tweeks and the car feels slower to respond than using the cone filter. I did a track day using the standard airbox and it wasn't as good on acceleration.
I went back to using the cone filter on the end of the air filter pipe and strapped the filter to the side of the battery frame using the rubber strap that supports the standard airbox, making sure that the two air pipes that come from under the left headlight were close to the filter so that it gets plenty of cold air to it.
It sounds superb and the car responds much better.

RB Clio 182 Cup
From what I've read it seems V6 airbox with a decent filter and removing the acoustic valve is the way to go and to have the air feed in the same place renault fitted it originally. That's going to be my plan anyway but relies on being able to find a V6 airbox of course.

TrackCar & F30 330d
This was my old air box set up.

Sounded amazing too when the CAF wasnt on :)

V6 air box and ITG filter

IMG_3331.jpg

RB Clio 182 Cup
This was my old air box set up.

Sounded amazing too when the CAF wasnt on :)

V6 air box and ITG filter

IMG_3331.jpg

Interesting that you stuck it straight out from the tb, all the other pics ive seen have had the V6 box on a 45 or 90 degree pipe. Is it a tight fit that way? Where did you put the caf, where the original one was?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Moving the battery is the biggest pain rather than anything else I would have thought :) Thats why most are just on a 90 degree bend..like mine until I get a redtop in the summer.