ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Col start issue, any ideas?

182 (Conversion)
Hi guys,

I'm trying to work out the cause of this cold start issue I've got. First a little about the car so you know what's what.

Car started out as a 1.2 but has had a good conversion to a 182. Power steering, AC, TC and all those things have been removed. The engine, manifold and ECU are from a 182, the gearbox and wiring loom are from a 172 cup. Due to the things removed the SERV light is always on.

Cold starts nearly always needs to be sat for 5 min before moving to prevent dangerous "cutting out". The engine doesn't cut or anything like that, but constant throttle the car sort of dies like you've taken your foot off the accelerator - then kicks back in. Sometimes it's so bad you can floor the accelerator and nothing - then a kick as it comes back.

It sounds rough as hell as well as feels it. After a few miles (water temp is up) it seems to correct itself. Leading me to think it's something to do with it's cold start procedure. If it was an really old car imagine a cold day driving without the manual choke on. It could be a sensor or the ECU but I don't know where to start looking.

Any ideas about what happens on cold start, this is the only thing with the car.
Thanks