ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers

PH1 172
Just been on the phone to my insurance company and while I was on there sorting a few bits I asked if they would still insure me if I added coilovers. The response was lowering 5cm or < YES and 5cm - 12.5cm NO. They already have my eibachs on record which is less than 5cm so that's ok....

My question is, If you were to put coilovers on and only lowered the car 5cm front and then the max 4.5cm back but the actual coilovers allowed 6cm front could I still state I am only lowering my car 5cm or less?

In my head it's fine but I never trust insurance companies to think logical lol

Cheers

Tel

MR2 Mk1.5
Or you could find an insurer who doesn't have this issue with cars lowered over 5cm.

In answer to your question, you'd need to check with your insurer.

PH1 172
Or you could find an insurer who doesn't have this issue with cars lowered over 5cm.

In answer to your question, you'd need to check with your insurer.

Yep I know I can find an insurer who doesn't mind but if my current insurer beats quotes then I would rather stay with them :)

Would have been ideal if I had thought of this question when on the phone to them lol

What would your company say on the matter?

Thanks

Tel

Stripped yozza'd cup
How are they going to tell how much you've lowered it by? The chances of them having the figures for the standard ride height are slim.

As long as you've told them you've got coilovers, I'm sure it will be fine.

PH1 172
How are they going to tell how much you've lowered it by? The chances of them having the figures for the standard ride height are slim.

As long as you've told them you've got coilovers, I'm sure it will be fine.

That's the problem it clearly states on the coilovers it can lower the ride height by 6cm which is over the 5cm limit so me just telling them I have coilovers won't do I will need to find out if I can still have the same coilovers and only lower them by 5cm and the insurance company except that.

Hence the post on here to see what others have done and told their insurance company so I have an idea of the response I will get :eek: