ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers

PH2 172
Been looking at some Gaz coilovers, i havnt much money so these seem the best for around £500 just wondering do i just need the coilovers and then get them setup or do i need to get camber bolts for front or will they come with the kit??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Tbh second hand h&r and kw's etc go for similar money, and are a world apart. Not thought about waiting for a set to come up for sale?

PH1 iceburg
Have you considered the k tec ones, heard quite good things about them for the money (fixed damping though). I had FK konigsport and cnnot recommend them enough.

PH2 172
well would love h&r but like i said cars gota be on road in bout 20 days and the front shocks are bent from my crash. and im not guna get the use out of h&rs like i would its not going on tracks loads or anything its mainly for fast road and the odd go round track here and there at shows etc. i was going to go for KTECs but thought Gaz are a well known compnay and they look pretty good and can adjust the damping on the car.

PH2 172
Yea i dont want the best if i could afford the best new i would go for them straight away i just want somthign which is alot lower than my cup now and still handles good. Any help Fred?

PH2 172
So would you say the KTEC ones would be better than them and cheaper i dont wanna rape my bank etc just want a nice cheap setup.

182 FF
From what i have gathered reading bits and pieces from threads on coilovers GAZ ones are very poorly put together and people have had experiences of them leaking within months of ownership. They also seem to give a hard/poor ride. The K-Tec ones seem to be ok for the money but are just what you would expect from a cheap alternative, an ok budget buy. I know people have struggled when getting them setup with camber.

I'm i the same boat as you really in the fact that i don't want to spend massive amounts of money on a coilover setup when i will be using the car for mainly fast road use. The old saying "you get what you pay for" is very true though and i think i will spend that little bit extra and get a set of weitec ones when i buy mine.

PH2 172
Hmmmm its hard cuz thats all i have is £500 its either that or just go shocks and springs but wont look that low :-(.... My mates had gaz coilovers on his cup for ages and had no problmes

Last edited:
  182 FF
Out of the two i would personnaly go with the KTec ones as there seems to be less negative points about the setup than with the GAZ ones. I think they are quite good for the money and once setup properly work well, just a bit of a pain to setup well from what i have read.

Lionel Richie
oh i dislike the k-tec/raceland/vmaxx whatever it is just as much as GAZ, if you want suspension, BUY GERMAN, Witec/AP/KW, H&R, Bilstein etc, none of this "i only have £500 to spend" SAVE UP SOME MORE!

182 cup Inferno
I have the Ktec coilovers on my cup they seem to me to be a pretty good ride ok for the money

PH2 172
so many people say so many different things. but not everyone can have the best or the most expensive im sure they all do the job just some and alot are better id imagine

182 FF
Why not search for the different makes and read through all the threads on coilovers and then make up your own mind. I do think that you will find that if you spend that little bit extra you will end up with a worth while product. I guess it depends on what you really want though, if you just want something that will lower the car more than 30mm then i supose it don't matter which you buy. If you want something that will lower yet still handle well then you should buy something substantial and spend that bit extra, i think you'll only be dissappointed in the long run if you don't. Especialy as you have gone to the trouble and bought a cup in the first place.

Lionel Richie
^made in the same factory as KW (KW owned brand) it's KW's "budget" brand, but the quality is good, PLUS if they leak or whatever you can have them rebuilt by KW UK, same goes for Weitec (KW owned also)

lift number 1 @ btm
On a budget, koni's and springs will be the best option by far I'd say.

By the way fred, there are some finished pictures of the arb's up now.