ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers purchased, what else do i need?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
so they are ordered now, FK KONIGSPORTS

what else is advised to purchase?

camber adjustment bolts, solid top mounts, powerflex bushes etc etc...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You wont need camber bolts cos the coilovers have the ability anyway, dont powerflex it as it'll wear out the metal instead so go for either new or solid top mounts imo

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its amazing how easily confidence and knowledge are confused ;)

Well I know that, with a little hub 'adjustment' we could change the camber on Daves FKs so Im assuming it would be the same.

Powerflex are far too hard, brand new standards ones make much more sense. Remember, things do move about and if its not the cheap bush thats wearing out the chances are that its the expensive metal instead!

And if you have the cash monies for the solid top mounts then go for it!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol.....

well what i really want to solve is the creaking / knocking noise i am getting, there is a very long thread in the faults section but knowone can pinpoint it...lol

so you reckon i shouldn't have a problem with camber and tyre wear or anything else then

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The absolute best addtional money you can spend following fitting coilovers is a full professional set up. That'll get the best from them and sort out tyre wear, camber etc.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yer thats what i am on msn chatting to christopher about

what do they actually do in professional set up and what does it alleviate?

should i have problems if i am driving around on them not properly set up?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Only premature tyre wear and not optimum performance from them.

They could corner-weight the car, make sure that the drop is appropriate, ie the same at both sides at the front and back. They will also adjust toe-in, camber etc etc