ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers or alloys?

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
am stuck in a little situtation, av got a MK3 Clio and its currently lowered 45mm on standard alloys with 30mm spacers on the rear. Av got £550 to spend on ethier Coilovers or Alloys.

Which one would you go for first?

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Thats the way am thinking mainly because if i buy alloys itl be harder to save for coilovers as i would keep telling myself its already lowered ect ect. But if i buy coilies then al defo want alloys therefore i would defo save. But am thinking itl just look sh*t with standard alloys on.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
As said its just for show speed isnt a thing am too concerned about tbh am not one for track days or racing around the streets and in this current financial market i cant afford the cost of driving a 2 litre for day to day driving lol :D

Clio 1.2 16v
Id go for the coilovers but if its already lowered i see your situation, maybe go with some cheaper coilovers if youre not going for performance then some alloys. No point spending loads of money or mad expensive coilies if its not going to be a track car imo.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Theres no such thing as cheap colovers for a MK3 cheapest ones are AP amd there like £460 with discount, but am not keen on the stance they give so ad propz get FK as av never seen another MK3 with them on and there only £50 more.