ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers and arches rubbing

RB 182
We fitted some ktec coilovers to my car at the weekend and I'm having problems with scraping in the arches. We've cut some of the arch liner away that was rubbing and bent back the metal lips but it's still rubbing every time I turn left. Any other solutions to this problem?

RB 182
Yes I think it's the offside front that's rubbing. I took it out and tested it last night after we'd bent back the metal lips and cut away some arch liner and it was fine. I'm supposed to be driving home this morning which is a 3 hour drive but when I went to leave it's rubbing again and I just wanna go home lol! I think it's probably about 60mm at the front. I'm probably going to end up having to just raise it up but wondered how other people get around the problem.

RB 182
I'm not sure yet, I've got to wait until someone can come and help me lol. I'll probably break something if I try and look! Would spacers possibly help the problem a bit?

RB 182
Brill, maybe I'll try and get some of them today and see if that helps as well. Would universal 5mm ones be ok for now?