ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover set up Midlands

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have my Gaz Golds on now and looked at a couple of places to get them set up,TCR want £300+vat and Lohan will not touch a Clio.
Anybody know anywhere else that is not going to cost half the price of the coilovers

Issues is that it take a long time to set them up properly. Depends on what their price includes?

If it's full setting of camber, toe, ride heights/ corner weighting then it's actually a very good price.

Get booked into Adam at Clearmotorsport to do it (below), he's only a couple of hours up the M6 from you and will do it whilst you wait and he's really competitive price wise but he'll only be able to get you booked in, in the new year. I'm booked into him for Feb. If you cant wait and need a temporary set up, get the car into your local garage with hunter or supertracker and have them set your preferred camber and toe, then just set the ride height yourself by adding your weight to the front seat and get the tape measure out, bit of forward rake and you wont be a million miles out.

http://www.clearmotorsport.co.uk/

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I was expecting about £150, but over £300 is Just too much for a few trackdays a year.
I’ve just taken it to the local place with Hunter and had the camber and alignment done £45, I will do a few trackdays now and see how I go, I may get it corner weighted in the summer.

Yeah it's not cheap. You can easily set the ride heights yourself to about equal and it'll be perfectly fine. But having a proper corner weight setup is night and day different in the handling. I remember when I had mine done. I had literally been for a session 15 minutes before hand, and when straight back out when it was done and I could not believe how different it felt. Not essential if you aren't racing though. I had @ACS_Motorsport do mine!

Setting camber properly takes time....laser measurement, jack up, loosen, adjust, back down for laser check, jack up, adjust again, back down etc.