ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover Protection?

BMW E36 328
What's everyone using to protect their coilovers agains the British weather and roads?

ive heard things from spraying with the fk coilover protector spray to wrapping with tape to covering in grease none of which I'm really too keen on. Had abit of a search on the Internet and a lot of people over in America seem to use this

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DD1DV/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Not a clue what it is but maybe something like that over here maybe worth a shot?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at ACF-50. Motorbikers are using it.

I used it on a set of shocks and springs. Very easy to use.

Personally i'd be looking at doing them properly off the car with CarPro Dlux or similar. Be mad not to. It'll last so much longer than anything spray wise.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
As Gally mentioned try ACF-50, tried it on Brothers M3 but only been on few weeks, will be going on my clio in future.

With the thread you'd struggle to beat Denso tape tbh, not pretty but good stuff. Used to wrap mechanical parts like shafts etc up before storage at work.

I've used clear Plastidip on the Trophys Sachs in past too, seemed to do a decent job.

Clio Cup
Self amalgamation tape. Plumbers tape or bondage tape depending on your preferance around the threads

Protects them no end. As long as they are dry when you do it

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i'm interested in this thread as well, doesn't seem to be 'general consensus' though on whats best? all sorts of stuff being bandied about.

upto now I've just used copper grease, duct tape and zip ties and does a reasonable job but not ideal