ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover choice?

Clio 172
Right people help me with my dilema please. I'm about to lash out and buy a suspension setup for the Hillclimb/Sprint/Trackday beast and can't make up my mind.
I've sorced a set of D2 street coilovers that are fully adjustable (height and rebound etc) for £545 with camber bolts included.

option 1: Fit the D2's

Option 2: Buy and Fit Ktec's own fixed rate coliover setup and buy the Solid top mounts as well.

I realize there are heaps of other options but the budget is tight so saw these 2 as the best solutions so far.

I will also be fitting full poly bush kit and rear ARB and i'm not worried about road manners as it will seldom be used on the road.

Any help would be great.

Got Ktecs coilies and top mounts on my 182, pretty happy with them, specially for the price they are! ( think ktec doing a package with both, not sure though!)

Could also try vmaxx?

Megane RS 250
I friend of mine just bought them (the ktec i mean) and he said they're a bit too stiff on the tipical B road full of potholes and bad tarmac.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I don't find the KTR setup too stiff, or too soft

In fact if I was to describe the ride quality I'd say it's still like having the Eibach Sportlines in with the car a bit lower to fill the arch gaps :D
- perfect IMO but everyone has their preferences

Clio 172
These are the D2's in question
tn

Clio 172
Well i went for the D2's and they seem fine but the slow corner undertseer is still very much there. I contacted D2 and have been told the spring ratings are 419lbs at the front and 224lbs at the Back so i'm a bit concerned should this not be a little harder?.

I have an ARB coming soon so maybe it will be fine just by fitting this?

Any comments guys?.
heres the geo stats at the moment.
4478969092_a772ee375f_b.jpg

Clio 172
Yeah competing Fred

Yeah i'm trying to find camber bolts to get more camber any suggestions?.

I was also told that if i switch to AVon ACB's as i'm thinking about doing then i don't need more camber is this correct?

172 Sport
I would just like to bump this back up, I am looking at a set of D2's and was wondering if these are still being run and how you got on with them. Would you reccomend them?

Epic bump, but it is the only person I can find who actually bought them.