ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilies knocking

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
front knocks over bumps on my dci since lowering the coilovers an obscene ammount, a mate from on here said something about v6 washers that can be used? with bonnet open the top mount bit that u can see right at the top, floats above the top of the strut?!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
you lowered the coilovers further??

mine knocked the driveshafts on the inner wing,
and the anti-roll bar on the chassis rail,

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
just a little ;)

its on the bounce 'up' they knock, like the top mount is loose, but it definately isn't danny r said about clio v6 washers that go in or under the topmounts?!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
lol youre brace,
it could be that the bumpstop is taking too much of the weight, and the spring isnt being compressed enough to make it bound up properly when the weight is off,
meaning the shock isnt held tight in place my the force of the spring, making a knocking noise, but thats all i could think of. good luck dude.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
most likely its the spring coming unseated. Wind it up and see if you still get the noise.