ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil Springs and Steering Rack??

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hi guys had my 172 mk1 since thursday and ive noticed slight squeaks and rattles here and there (its 7 years old as you would expect things like that) Any way, the car had a new front near side coil spring fitted to pass the MOT, that was it.

However when i pull away from driving cold i can hear a slight rattling from the Steering at least thats what i think, maybe a steering rack away?

Also should i fit another new coil spring to the other side to even out the wear and tear>? Dont wanna have to fit one coil spring every MOT lol

Any help would be much appreciated!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
When i pull away slowly it sounds like somthing is rubbing against somthing, im going to get a mechanic to look at it, its going in to get all the belts and things done anyway so ill say to him then, any ideas?

One coil spring just got replaced so i dont know if its somthing to do with that but it doesnt sound like it should be making that noise!