ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

COIL PIGTAIL LIGHT WONT START :(( HELPPPP!!!!

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
hi i have a 51 plate 1.2 16v dynamiqe about 2 weeks ago the coil pigtail light thing started coming on wen i go to start and it wont start then randomly it wil start. it picks and chooses wen to start i carnt figure out what it is. ive plugged it in and nothing comes up. i put some rubber tape on that cage thats round the ecu plug because it looks as tho it is wearing on the wires could it be something to do with the ecu?. ive looked through forums and carnt find anything or anyone with the same problem :(. i was looking to sell it very shortly and obv i carnt now i rely need help please help lol.

1.2 16v clio
Does it turn over or is it dead when you turn the key?

If it is dead when you turn the key check the connections on the starter motor.

If it just turns over but doesn't fire it could be the crank shaft sensor.

1.2 16v clio
Sounds like the crank shaft sensor. I have a 1.2 16v dynamique and at times it would start not problem and others it would just turn over and not fire. Took it to a garage and posted on here and everyone said it was the crankshaft sensor. Aparently it is fairly common and the part shouldnt cost more then about £25 - £30. I had mine sorted at a garage so it cost me £84 inclusive of fitting. Prob a bit on the expensive side but with my hectic work schedule I needed the car fixed pronto so just had to bite the bullet.

Last edited: