ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Coil Pack??**

172 Cup
Help..!

Electrical fault light in the centre of the dash, small engine light in the bottom right of the dash, engine "safety mode" cutting in, no power to engine so cannot accelerate, car jolting forward at low speed.

Renault say that they did a diagnostic check, reset all of the faults, they have come back again.

Really stuck as to what to do. Have called the AA out this morning so waiting for them to come and have a look.

Could it need a new coil pack?

All help appreciated!

James.

I experienced a coil pack going few weeks ago.

Engine warning light flashing. Misfiring(Bumpy ride + not a straight flow of fumes out the exhaust)

Testing can only tell you which cylinder it's on... meaning it could be further down than the coil pack....

172 Cup
Thanks guys.

The car doesn't idle very smoothly, it is quite lumpy. it's going into Renault Weybridge on Friday to get checked over.

Jim

Evo 8 MR
A new coil pack is £200 iirc but you can buy them seperately if you find the faulty one.

172 Cup
Picked it up from SMC Renault in Weybridge this morning (who were very helpful by the way!) and they have replaced the 'Oxygen Flow Sensor' or something or other.

Apparently it controls the fuel/air mix and they had to re programme everything too. Seems to be ok now I think..!

Just praying they have solved it and I don't see the damn electrical/emissions light again!

Jim