ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil pack question- URGENT-

Clio 172 FF
Hope someone can help me

Today my car has developed a bad misfire, i have had the rac out and we belive it is a coil pack as it, just went very quickly.

The engine mangement light is on and on diagnosics no fault codes came up.

It seems to sudden to be plugs or anythinglike that.

my questions is:

will a peugeot 106 coil pack work with my car?

The coils look very similar and the plug is the same. In my eyes a coil pack is a coil pack, but i dont want to risk spiking the ecu!

do any other renault coils interchange?

its 172 btw

Clio 172 FF
They arent the same numbers, Was just hoping it could be a tempory fix, just dont wnat to risk making more damage.

Or has anyone got a spare one that i cna just try or even buy in the surrey,hampshire area?

Clio 172 FF
I know it seems to be to fast for it to be a lead.

The leads seem ok but it just seems a pain to take the manifold off to check the leads. But then a coil pack will cost a few quid to replace at the smae time

172 cup
while the car is ticking over disconnect the injector leads at the front of engine 1 by 1 and it will eliminate which 1 is misfiring, it worked 4 me. coil pack about 60 quid from renault.

Clio 2.0 172
I have the same problem just now. Took my inlet off and swapped the coil pack with my mate's 2.0 16v ide megane coupe as they are the same part numbers on them and it worked fine so it's not my coil pack. Mine's overfuelling and i have unburnt fuel in the cylinder to the right of my engine bay as you look at the engine.

I've got some new leads on order. £33 I think for new leads or failing that was told new spark plugs are £13 each for NGK