ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coil pack question can any 1 help???

172 16v
hi i have a clio sport 172 non cup,, im having a few probs as its missing and stuttering while driving, been told by a mechanic that its the coil pack as wen he pulled 1 of the leads off with a pair of pliers while the engine was running he sed that it was arkin all over the place and that it shouldnt do that,, so went to a french car breakers today and they gave me a 2.0 16v megan coil pack as they didnt have any clios in, so i fitted it and its still missing and stuttering does any 1 no whether the megan and clio coil packs are the same as sum1 who owns a clio sport sed that they could be different which is why its still missing and that does any1 no anything bout my prob please let me know cheers sam........

my coil pack looks like this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9ceeb176
oh and it runs very lumpy on tick over.

Last edited:

Da

Less
I think they're the same.

Oh and yes, when you remove the lead it will arc to the engine, I can't believe a mechanic would say that it shouldn't!!

Last edited:
  www.renparts.co.uk
although the coil packs do go bad its probably the leads. Its a common Failiure. The Coil Pack they have sold you will work.

172 16v
but its still doin the same as b4 so i took it back and have only the s**t 1 now lol oh well so if i change the leads it will be fine and also the leads have gone white to.

Da

Less
Could be the leads, could be so many things to be fair.

Have a read here, loads of info available regarding missfiring.