ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil pack connector!

Clio Mk2 1.2 16v
Hello there. Glad to have found this forum and looking forward to reading all your knowledgeable posts.

Long story short, my girlfriends clio developed a misfire on number 2. So, I changed the coil pack, leads and plugs while I was there.

Ever since the car will not start. After many hours fault finding, I've realised the coil pack connector is not receiving any 12v power. So no spark to fire the fuel, hence no start!

The connector on the plug is four pin, it has green, white, white and brown wires. Can somebody please enlighten me on where the earth points are? Also any relays or fuses that could cause this.

Thanking you very much.

Phil.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
There's no earth points at the coil pack plug mate. It's only a 12v feed and 2x signal wires. The thicker of the 3 wires is the 12v signal. There should be a relay for it, but I'm not familiar with a 1.2, so I can only go off the position of where it is on the 1*2's and that's on the n/s/f inner wing just behind the headlight.

Clio Mk2 1.2 16v
Hi there. Thank you for the reply.

One thing though, my connector is four wires and four pin, not three. Two white, one green one brown.

I will get onto that earth point in the morning, cheers mate.

Think I'll replace the relays too.

Clio Mk2 1.2 16v
Here's a photo :)

Attachments

• 20150704_155128.jpg
    20150704_155128.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 152