ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coats of wax, polish

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: Coats of wax, polosh

i use polish, but not polosh... is that from autoglym??! ;)

172 phaseII

Im sorry, you'd understand if you live by me!

Anyway how many coats do you use?
Rich

106 GTi

Normally 1 coat of polish or glaze. 2 coats of sealant to ensure total coverage, and then a coat of Carnuba wax to improve looks.

I normally put 1 coat of polish, 1 sealant and 2 maybe 3 coats of wax (depends how bord I am ;))

106 GTi

Umm know that feeling - I tend to add another coat most weekends!

Saphire Cosworth

r-jay said:
Normally 1 coat of polish or glaze. 2 coats of sealant to ensure total coverage, and then a coat of Carnuba wax to improve looks.

Yeah same as

MK2 P1 1.4S

How long do you guys wait between Synthetic sealant coats? I was told to wait 24 hours; but this was by a Zaino user, and I know Zaino does take that. I used Gold Class Sealant, but waiting 24 hours between each coat means my detail takes about 3days!

^^If you add zfx to zano you can layer 3 coats instantly, no need to wait

MK2 P1 1.4S

Only problem is I don't use Zaino, although I was thinking about getting some. I use the Meguiars Gold Class liquid sealant.

106 GTi

Gold Glass Wax is a polish/cleaner wax, due to this it cant really be layerd as each application will effect the last.

When using true polymer sealants such as Autoglym Extra Gloss I leave 12-24 hours between layers or topping with Carnuba wax.

This time allows the polymers to set up and the sealnt cure from maximum protection. They also suggest the car is keep dry and mositure free during this time.

MK2 P1 1.4S

I had no idea that it was a cleaner wax, oh well. Thanks for the info R-Jay.

Taiko said:
I had no idea that it was a cleaner wax, oh well. Thanks for the info R-Jay.

Most 'off the shelf' products contain some 'cleaners'.

What percentage of the general public could be a*s*d to do even a two stage process !

WD

vx220

WD Pro said:
Most 'off the shelf' products contain some 'cleaners'.

What percentage of the general public could be a*s*d to do even a two stage process !

WD
One percent in the street were i live! And thats only cause you live there