ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CNC thread

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Definitely gonna sound like a stupid question, but what’re you planning on measuring with it?

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely gonna sound like a stupid question, but what’re you planning on measuring with it?

Currently 95% cylindrical parts, profiles, radius’ etc until I take on work. Basically everything an optical comparator does, but with the benefit of being linked to a pc by default, which is perfect for my workflow.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Currently 95% cylindrical parts, profiles, radius’ etc until I take on work. Basically everything an optical comparator does, but with the benefit of being linked to a pc by default, which is perfect for my workflow.
What sort of tolerances?

We have a load of Keyence equipment at work, and it’s ok, just not amazing.
Some things it does wicked, but others it just hasn’t the capability to see down to microns.
It’s crap at doing rads, but again, the stuff I’m measuring is like R0.5 and 0.003 max tolerance on diameters.

I think Mitutoyo should be a bit better. They’re ace at after care/support, and also have training shops which you can book in to.

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
What sort of tolerances?

We have a load of Keyence equipment at work, and it’s ok, just not amazing.
Some things it does wicked, but others it just hasn’t the capability to see down to microns.
It’s crap at doing rads, but again, the stuff I’m measuring is like R0.5 and 0.003 max tolerance on diameters.

I think Mitutoyo should be a bit better. They’re ace at after care/support, and also have training shops which you can book in to.

Its for reverse engineering so even at 0.01+- It would be fine as some non critical features are up to my own interpretation, but 0.005 would be ideal.

This is the spec of the model I'm looking at.

Screenshot 2024-04-27 135920.png

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
just stumbled across these, all UK made

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
just stumbled across these, all UK made

I think they should have a faster 20 taper spindle tbf