ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CN03 ENH - Anyone still in touch with previous owner?

I don't understand.

It's over priced
You asked for advice
it what looks to be a large dent in the drivers rear quarter.
it's done 128,000 miles
And it's over priced.
Fella..
No doubt the black one you linked to is ace, but at £2800 ovno, surely that one's over priced too? Or is this CS logic in full flow ? Or is it not over priced because it's on here ? ?

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
I cannot knock anything you just said, which is the very reason i didn't bother viewing it weekend but now its Monday, nothing else so here i am considering looking at overspending :)

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Fella..
No doubt the black one you linked to is ace, but at £2800 ovno, surely that one's over priced too? Or is this CS logic in full flow ? Or is it not over priced because it's on here ? ?
Going by what current up for sale the £2,800 actually seems reasonable? I can't seem to find any much better than this price wise and if i do it is because belts not been done, no serv history and poorly modded!

One will come up though, patience is key

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Fella..

Assuming the black one was to take offers, lets say 2500. I'd prefer that over a car with three times as many miles and no dent on the rear quarter.

That said i would still wait it out

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Going by what current up for sale the £2,800 actually seems reasonable? I can't seem to find any much better than this price wise and if i do it is because belts not been done, no serv history and poorly modded!

One will come up though, patience is key

:)

PH2 172
Or just wait it out for a better over all car?

I more or less know what it would cost to repair the paintwork & can think of several potential problems that would cost more to fix.

The reality is that any 172/182 you pick up for £1000-1200 & maybe more, will likely need another £1000 spending to get it usable.

This is why people let them go for that price in the 1st place, otherwise they would hang out for more.

As the dealer is advertising it with aircon, I guess at least that will work.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Could allways buy a car that doesn’t need the above?.

Unless you buy a car without asking questions or driving it of course.

PH2 172
Could allways buy a car that doesn’t need the above?.

Unless you buy a car without asking questions or driving it of course.

Not for a grand.

Really depends what this means as to if it`s worth £1750.

Ton's of history, there has been no expense spared. Supplied serviced with both keys and a comprehensive 3 Months Warranty. Test drives and Part Exchanges

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Appears this car sold, only took a week. So do we think over priced still and someone has been ripped off or do you think prices have just risen of late as i can't seem to find many cheaper ones atm. I ask as i may just have to accept spending more the way the classifieds are looking!

2003 Clio RS
Hello I'm the mug/new member who I bought CN03 ENH ;)

You didn't miss a bargain. It went for a lot less, but was probably still a bit overpriced.

In the flesh it did have various niggly things that I'm working through - but the dealer offered a px on an old Pug diesel that I was desperate to move on.

And he was prepared to let me have 43p worth of petrol completely free. SOLD!

Had plenty of love in its recent life, with cambelt etc and a forum sticker. It's making me smile ?

2003 Clio RS
thanks mate.
It's a long list, but it's pretty straight, nothing in the starting, going and stopping to do so far.
Things like missing mats, cd doesn't play, buzzing climate control sensor, auto-levelling flaky on xenons, deflector missing under front bumper, headlamps need polishing etc The paintwork's 7/10 but I don't mind that.
Did need a new rad though - like I say, you didn't miss a bargain.

PH2 172
thanks mate.
It's a long list, but it's pretty straight, nothing in the starting, going and stopping to do so far.
Things like missing mats, cd doesn't play, buzzing climate control sensor, auto-levelling flaky on xenons, deflector missing under front bumper, headlamps need polishing etc The paintwork's 7/10 but I don't mind that.
Did need a new rad though - like I say, you didn't miss a bargain.

Most of the over priced, over polished turds without a scratch need these basics doing, and much more, but people cannot see beyond the shine.

A good buy!

Land Rover
l looked at eight 172/182 and most needed £500-1000 spending on them, even the 22,000 mile one at £5950.

The one l bought is a lovely example with near perfect bodywork and interior. I paid £2600

But it needs £1,000 spending on it, although l could leave the heavy clutch and slight whine from the gearbox.

It’s just the nature of old cars.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/282950044387

This was very clean for £3,000 in fact l struggled to fault it except for non-working aircon.
Surprised it hasn’t sold. I came close but decided l wanted a 182.