ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch release bearings - advice please

Renault Clio Super 1600
I can't find an uprated Clutch Release Bearing anywhere for the 1.6 Clio, or the 172 etc. So, on my Super1600 car have been using a standard bearing with a padel clutch and dog box.

What is happening is the release bearing is cracking with use, since its only plastic.

Does anyone know of an uprated one avalible, OR, does anyone know if theres a steel (instead of plastic) bearing that you could use instead from the Renault range that would fit?

Thanks in advance.

Hal

Renault Clio Super 1600
Thats interesting, Helix told me they didnt do one.

A 172/182 would be the same as a 1.6 I think!

Cheers for the link!!

Never heard of a dog box?

340i
I believe the one Renault sell for the 172 / 182 is now an updated item.

The new one I fitted to my 172 was alot chunkier / different to the one removed from the car (which I assume was still the OE item).

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
What box have you got Hal? The sadev box we have (5 speed in std casing) has a bigger input shaft and we can't fit the standard bearing over as the centre hole isn't big enough. The box had a bodged bearing from something or other and a cut and shut fork which wasn't great. I'm looking into designing a nicer set up and could do another if you're interested?
If you do, let me know the diameter/spline size of your input shaft and the inner diameter of the springs in the clutch cover and i'll see if it's the same as ours.