ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch release bearing

172 cup
The wife’s Hyundai i30 needs a new clutch release bearing! Is this a wear and tear part of the gear box!? It’s on 40k miles ! Only asking coz the ford dealer we got it from don’t think the warranty will cover it! Cheers

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Could try and negotiate some sort of discount if you point out that it shouldn't have failed at 40k.

Most modern cars should see 80-100k easy with typical driving before needing a clutch.

172 cup
Yeah I did tell the women on the front desk I felt like we had been gang fucked a bit! She said if we spoke to the manager we could maybe sort something out ‘ looking at 700 ish

PH2 172
Yeah I did tell the women on the front desk I felt like we had been gang fucked a bit! She said if we spoke to the manager we could maybe sort something out ‘ looking at 700 ish

A decent LuK clutch kit for an I30 is £100, so £600 labour?

Take it down the road to Mr Clutch or similar.