ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch release bearing

1998 clio mk2
i have a whining noise when i press clutch down and makes like a rubing noise when car is warm, also makes the rubbing noise when the car is travelling without clutch being pressed? has had a new clutch not long ago so isit the release bearing? and will it cause any damage if left ? and also when im travelling up a steep hill at the top the car will start suddenly pulling to the right and when turning makes a clicking noise but after a while goes again? any help appreciated thanks

Sounds like a combiantion of a few things mate , possible droveshaft causing the rubbing/clicking noise and the whining with your clutch down is more than likely the release bearing buddy , without seeing the car its a pure guess !
If the release bearing collapses yes it could cause damage , it could rip your new clutch apart and possibly hurt the box too ! Who fitted the clutch ? did they mention it ?

Sounds like it needs a good looking over mate !!

Nah i'm not being harsh:).

The release bearing comes with most kits and would be very bad if it wasn't fitted. but i would say something aint right and wouldn't say its the bearing. Tbh its easier just to get it checked out could be something dangerous???

Did it do it straight after the clutch change?