ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch release bearing?

clio 172
I have an 02 plate 172 with 68k on the clock.
when depressing the clutch I can hear a noisy bearing it cannot really be heard on tickover but sounds quite loud when travelling at 50mph hovever and dipping the clutch.

I figure the bearing needs replacing, however ive heard that these can be loud ne ways. How loud is loud ne ways? is this normal ( Im aware thats a stupid q to ask ;))

Also how important is this to change as may as well be done with the clutch, or can i leave it for a bit. Ive read stuff about ppl having noisy ones for miles....

Listening to this i rekkon the whole transmission seems to whine again is this normal.

cheers

clio 172
nah occurs when using the clutch noise when pressing it down, no noise on release
dosent sound like a wheel bearing either to high pitched!

BMW bus
Not sure how relevant this is but my VTS had a noisy clutch release bearing and I left it for ages (like a year) only bothered to change it when I sold the car. And as it was a VTS and I was 21 you can imagine how I drove it!