ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch really high bite

1.2 Clio Grande RN
I have just bought my first litle 1.2 Clio, it's an X Reg and so far I think it's wonderful. The only problem I am having is the clutch, the bite is so high, right at the top. The cambelt has just been replaced, could this affect it? Or is it on the way out? There's no slipping or probs with the gears, it just worries me. No idea how much it will cost to prelace the cable it if it is on the way out. Apart from that it's a lovely little car, so easy to drive and park!

Sounds about right, just about every Clio has a high bite point, you'll find theres little travel between fully on and fully off.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Welcome :) How many miles on the car? The clutch on these usually lasts a while.

The cambelt won't affect it don't worry about that. As said clios do have quite a high bite point and as you've said you have no problems with slip etc then I'd say it's fine.

Welcome btw.

1.2 Clio Grande RN
Hi Beef-MC, I do find it stange for the bite to be that high! Seems everyone has the same problem though so I will just get back to enjoying my little car. :D

Clio II 1.2 16V
The bite point on my Clio the same high, However on the megane it very low. But looking above it seems normal. Welcome to CS.

1.2 Clio Grande RN
Biggest shocker has to be the amount of fuel I am saving! Previous car was a BMW before head gasket decided to break & it was costing me a fortune in petrol. This little Clio seems to go for for miles on next to nothing!