ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch really heavy...

Clio 182
Just noticed my clutch is getting heavier, a lot compared to when i got her last year. She's done 65k on the orginal clutch but there's no sign of it slipping or being down on power.

would a new clutch sort this?

also going to change the gear box oil, any benefits at this age?

thx

Nissan 350z
New clutch will fix it being heavy. I had the same and it was pissing me off as it was very easy to miss the biting point got it replaced and now its fine. Expensive but fine lol.

Nissan 350z
I got mine for £300 from a mechanic friend who did it on his driveway one weekend. Quotes i were getting from garages were in the region of £400.

Clio 182
I don't ride the clutch as its quite arkward to get down there ;)

no in fairness, riding the clutch is sitting with the car in gear at lights are in traffic and letting the car move forward slightly. Basically destroys clutches in cars, hence never buy a car with a lady owner :rasp:

Renault Clio 182
The clutch in my car feels fairly heavy compared to other cars I've driven. I just thought it was meant to be like that because its a sport, definitely not slipping though.

Clio 182
bit of a tip, left foot braking is much harsher with a heavy clutch ;)

seriously thought I felt the rear of the car lift after a mighty left foot brake!