ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch problem strugling to get it in to gear

1.8 rsi
My clutch cable snapped the other day had it replaced and it was fine the biting point was also very low and hard to get in to gear but foot to the floor and it will work the clutch was also sliping when i brought the car so i replaced the clutch yesterday and now i really have to push the clutch pedal as far as i can to the floor to get it in to gear and usually u get a bit of a grind its as if the cable is to long and not pulling the clutch out far enought to get it in to gear i wonderd if the self adjuster on the pedal would do this if it is broke cheers dale

Mondeo TDCI 130
The ratchet mechanism on the pedal end may need re-setting mate, from memory, i can't remember, its about 5 years since i did one! Get under the pedal box and investigate! Should be pretty easy to see whats going on!!