ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch kits..

340i
Going to be replacing the clutch soon... Will be replacing with standard item, not uprating!

So which to go for :)

Transmech Clutch Kit £70.44

Luk Clutch kit £91.27

Sachs Clutch Kit £94.94

Valeo Clutch Kit £101.80

Valeo is the obvious choice, but what are the other 2 brands like.. any experiance comments with the above?!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
LUK and Sachs are both OE manufacturer factory fitted brands and are both recognised in the aftermarket as a good brand the same as Valeo are.

Transmech is a cheap reconned clutch make IIRC - not worth touching with a 1000ft barge pole in my opinion.

Smart money is on the Valeo as it's the Clio OE clutch.

Gray where are them prices from? I'm sure if you PM me I' sure I can get it to you for a lot less ;)

clio 172 luna speedl
was lookin in to it. and saw it as its done 82k and had no probs. never mind they'll do me a deal as buying two timing belts and alt belts kits.

Lionel Richie
never used one on a 172/182, i always use valeo ones, i took a sachs one out of a Ford ka once, it fell out in about 6bits but i would say that was more the drivers fault! haha

340i
Right... whats the book time on a clutch change, 6 - 7hrs?!

Also, I've had an oil leak from the gearbox / back of engine area... So its looking to be the sump gasket or main crank seal?!

How much of a job is it to change the crank seal (if it is that) ?

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
Took 4 weeks to change my clutch !!!!! Major dramas but now all sorted !!!!

Remember - dont touch that gearbox sleeve :(

In reality it books at 8 hrs i think....

My valeo clutch works like a dream and that is after it got a good soaking in oil :(

Cupped 200
I would go for the Sachs one, in my recently owned cars i replaced the OEM CLutches 3 times, one with a LUK, one with a Sachs and one with a Exedy. Just of the CLutch i liked the Sachs most, but in the Exedy pack was the fitting Splint etc. included which made things much easier ;)

Sachs claims also that the Clutch can handle more power than OEM (also the Exedy) (i think 15-30% more)

Lionel Richie
the cup racers did run a sachs or alcon (i forget which) unit for a while, they then changed to helix or quatermaster from memory as the sachs/alcon units had problems

we ran a cup racer alcon paddle unit for a while, was good but fooking expensive!

M

mini-valver

Gray, you can do the clutch in about 4 hours TBH, probably slightly less if you know your way around the car. Gimme a shout if you want a hand x

172 SPORT PH2
im after the LUK Clutch when my clutch goes / I become a plumber ... Gonna replace a few parts etc... then maybe mod it up after that... maybe track car? unsure :)

172/A4 Tdi
As a sales manager for Eurocarparts - Just some more opinion for you to consider...

Transmech are NEW, not recon, but do NOT pass the same level of QC as Sachs/Valeo/LUK. Incidentally, all three of the other brands are going to be as good as each other. The returns rate on all of them we see is very minimal (well... next to nothing really). So whatever you can get for the best money - Do it!

If you have the extra cash, do Helix do a decent kit for the Clios? My ST150 had a helix kit and it could take some serious punishment ;)

Kirky

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hi,
Is anyone using a sachs clutch on a 172 182 Clio? I just replace the crankshaft seal and realize the Valeo pressure plate has a crack near a bolt. I run a standard engine, and the clutch was replaced 30k miles ago. I do not trust Valeo clutches anymore and want to change with Luk or Sachs.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Hi,
Is anyone using a sachs clutch on a 172 182 Clio? I just replace the crankshaft seal and realize the Valeo pressure plate has a crack near a bolt. I run a standard engine, and the clutch was replaced 30k miles ago. I do not trust Valeo clutches anymore and want to change with Luk or Sachs.

LUK full clutch kit can be had for £75 delivered on eBay.