ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch/concentric cylinder gone please help

2002 172
noticed my 182 didnt fancy going into 4th very easily tonight and didnt feel as quick as it normally does. anyway as i said finally got in 4th on the second attempt, went to change to 5th depressed the clutch peddle and it just hit the floor, took my foot off and tried pumping it but nothing.

are these prone to going? or has anyone else experienced this? i only got the car on wednesday from a dealer. i know it has warranty etc just wanted people opinions and first hand experiences?

thanks,
matt

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yes the clutchs are manual.

could be a few things.

cable snapped
the self adjusting mech has failed
bearing fucked
fork has come loose

2002 172
thanks for all your replies, looks like the cable has snapped :) which is much better than i thought. also i always thought it would have been on a hydraulic clutch? didnt think cable clutches still existed lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
thanks for all your replies, looks like the cable has snapped :) which is much better than i thought. also i always thought it would have been on a hydraulic clutch? didnt think cable clutches still existed lol

dude this is renault.

the speedo works off a wind flote

2002 172
lol, good job im not changing it and that its still under warranty :p

reckons it will be done monday afternoon...are clutch cables available on the aftermarket?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I was surprised they are cable as well, my 2000 1.6 fiesta ZS was hydraulic!