ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch cable Arhhhhhhhhhhh

combo

Just got in to the car went to change in to 2nd snap, had to push it to the side now dont no what to do?? as the car is down my road im with the AA but they only come out to if your so many miles from home i think any one no coz i is f""k!!!

insignia

When my car clutch snapped on my pug 106gti it happened at drive through McDonaulds and I had to push my car through. I then drove ten miles without a clutch using the crash gears (treated her as nicely as possible). There really should be a warning because they all wear out its just you never know when its gonna happen

don't

well im with RAC and had probs with my car other week, had 2 get it towed 2 a garage from bottom of my court

they tried 2 get me 2 upgrade 2 home help service, i told them 2 stick it and got funny with them untill they gave in, they just made up sum details about where the car was 4 the system so it went through and they came and got the car

lol was all of about 20 metres from my house, oops lol, mite b worth just tryin it on with them, say its not at ur house but its on this road etc, then say u pay ur money and need help

Call them and explain the situation they can but say no, always best to get the answer direct from them.

I have to said its right pain in the arse, this happened to me with the williams had to get the other half to rescue me.

mine went on a hill !!

in hornchurch, then all the barry boys were laughing and tooting me, fcking nobs !

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Or you could try my method - painful though! I was abouut 50 miles from home and it snapped just where it goes over the pedal. So I went to the boot, ripped a 3 foot length off my remote cable for my amp. I then attached it to the remainder of the cable and drove home with a manual throttle. Only problem was you had to pull it so tight my finger tips were still numb some 3 weeks later, went away eventually.

Quote: Originally posted by coolspot007007 on 06 July 2004

Or you could try my method - painful though! I was abouut 50 miles from home and it snapped just where it goes over the pedal. So I went to the boot, ripped a 3 foot length off my remote cable for my amp. I then attached it to the remainder of the cable and drove home with a manual throttle. Only problem was you had to pull it so tight my finger tips were still numb some 3 weeks later, went away eventually.

lmao, thats one way to do it hehe

silver valver/hybrid

mine went not long ago, actually quite easy to change up gear inthe valver, coming downs a bit noisy though! drove it home, 4 miles then 3 the next day to the garage.

ive changed mine 4 times in a year! Really easy to change as well. NOT! the three snapped but the third one i changed was replaced with a faulty cable which seized. Renualt r the best! Also this year the circlip in my gearbox went while i was driving and then a few months later the diff in my gearbox went. New gearbox fitted! And when i was on my way down to get my boot sprayed a couple of months ago the accelerator cable snapped. When the f*ck do they ever go? i got my mate to tow me 4 times and the other two times i mastered driving without a clutch pedal. i have never had break down service but i am giving it some thought now! I am either cursed or just un lucky, i cant figure it out. Excuse my little rant!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

doh - my post was about accelerator cable not clutch :oops: have used same method on the clutch cable though, mines gone about 3 times, can change one about half an hour now :D