ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch assembly-parts that need lubrication

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I was looking in this manual http://www.fastchip.nl/media/doc/clio2/F4R_730.pdf
and found something about the parts that need lubrication when dealing with the clutch
copy paste from the document:
Right-hand sun wheel splines- what is this?
Fork pivot
Stop guide_ and this?
Fork pads
these items should be greased with molykote BR2 grease but not sure what the two above are?
there is a part number for that grease, this means that I should be able to order it from the dealer?
I'm in the quest of getting rid of the creaky clutch..
thx!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
A small sachet of the grease comes with a genuine clutch kit. Failing that, some moly grease will do the job... just don't slap it everywhere as you don't want it all over the new clutch assembly.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
but what exactly are the "right-hand sun wheel splines" ?
and the "stop guide" ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The only "Sunwheel" on the gearbox, which incidentally is on the right (depending on how you look at it), is the splined output shaft for the drivers side driveshaft.

As for the "stop guide" I don't honestly know what that relates to other than (possibly) the guide that the thrust release bearing runs on.

Seat Ibiza
I never lube the input shaft, because clutch dust sticks to grease then normal grease turns into grinding paste.
Thats just my theory anyways...

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
what about the fork pads and pivot? they must gather clutch dust as well. a bit strange why some areas do not require lubrification while others do, even if they work in the same dusty environment

Seat Ibiza
Normally the fork pads have hardened ends and is the pivot a bearing?
I don't know about Clio gearboxes as i normally work on trucks lol!

pivot is a little nylon cap which is fitted to the gearbox you won't miss it, the clutch fork pivots on it without grease it makes an annoying squeaking noise when you press the clutch.