ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch adjustment

My clutch has slowly become rediculously heavy - its wearing holes in my shoes!!! Not sure why this would have happened, have had a look and it all seems to be opperating properly and its not slipping or anything. I think it must be the cable thats buggered...... any thoughts? how would i go about adjusting it? Ive got the Haynes manual but its overly technical to read!!

So get rid of the facia pannel bellow the steering wheel and go from there yeh? Hopefully its not caught on something - mind u a new cable aint expensive its the fitting of the damn thing that breaks the bank!

follow it in the bay, take it off the actuating arm and move the pedal to see how stiff it might be.

Right ok - is this a difficult task - Haynes seems to think it isnt - should be a prob tho, just completely replaced the head on mine all on me tod!! That was a b**ch i can tell ya!

Cool, gonna have to go a week of bleeding feet before i can do anything - bloody winter darkness! roll on summa summa summa time!

mines went like that too...turned out just to be a new cable as the outer of my original one was beginning to unravel...causing friction....erm I kinda just took it to my usual garage and it cost me something like 8quid for the cable and stupid amounts for the labour....easy option!

Yeh, labour is a b**ch especially when all they do is work on it for half an hour then have 50 fags, 100 cups of coffee and think about which other parts to replace on your car without you asking for em and then billing you - damn garages!!!! I spose i can put up with it for the time being, just hurts! Three pairs of socks for me from now on then!.....

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

change the cable first if that doesnt help then change the clutch assembly.you cant adjust the cable it self adjusts via a ratchet assembly on the clutch pedal.