ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunky Gearchange?

182 with Cup Pack
My mate's mum has bought a Clio Tom Tom (07) but feels that the gear change is a bit clunky (at the lever, not the actual gear change). It's only done 2000 miles.

Anyone else had a similar problem, or is it likely to clear up when the car is run in fully?

182 with Cup Pack
Not smooth - makes like a "clunk" noise when you change gear. Not very scientific I know, but hard to explain

182 with Cup Pack
The gear change is smooth enough - it's just a clunky feel to the gear lever. I don't think it's a problem personally, but mate's mum not happy with it

CB600FS
Doubt its mounts if its only done 2k. To be fair I've driven a few and if you haven't got the clutch pedal fully down the gear changes (particularly 1-2, 2-3 3-2 and 2-1) at low speed it feels like your forcing the gearstick.

There must be a few people on here that have noticed it aswell as me, and I'm assuming its a 1.2/1.4 JH3 box with reverse bottom right?

182 with Cup Pack
Doubt its mounts if its only done 2k. To be fair I've driven a few and if you haven't got the clutch pedal fully down the gear changes (particularly 1-2, 2-3 3-2 and 2-1) at low speed it feels like your forcing the gearstick.

There must be a few people on here that have noticed it aswell as me, and I'm assuming its a 1.2/1.4 JH3 box with reverse bottom right?

Yes it is. I think it probably just needs loosening up with some more miles on the clock.

Cheers for your help guys