ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunking from under the bonnet.

PH2 Clio 172
Got a noise coming from under the bonnet when manoeuvring or steering on a hard lock and pulling away. More of a clunk than a knock. Thinking either an engine mount or I did read the suspension top mounts do this? Clio 172 PH2.

S'trollin on size 7s
chances are it may not be an engine mount if its only doing it when your on full lock, an engine mount would prob be a case of when your setting off it will clunk even in a straight line. it may be something like a ball joint that needs replacing, or even a driveshaft .I have this happening on mine at the mo, only on full lock aswel but mine smore of a knocking rather than a clunk, but turns out with mine its my brake caliper which is loose,needs replacing.

Evo 8 MR
It'll be top mounts.

Absolutely drove me insane when mine did it. Mine was that bad it was doing it even when driving in a straight line, the downside of track abuse I suppose.

PH2 Clio 172
I figured it would be top mounts. Sounds like the drivers side one. It passed an MOT 6 weeks ago so there would have been no ball joint/anti roll bar link issues, its not a CV joint for sure and I was a bit suspect about an engine mount, the symptoms seemed wrong. So what's the deal with top mounts? I have been trying to get a used set of Eibach Sportlines for a while so the front struts will be coming off one day (rolling on standard springs at the moment). New mounts from Renault or something else?

clio sport 182
ner you probably don't top mounts its caused from rubbing on the chassis , if you take the top mount off when the cars on the floor you can normaly see where its been rubing , need to grind it back abit and put some paint onit after. its a renault solution done a few before gotta have a look at mine at some point.