ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clunk on 182

titanium 182
My car seems to be making a funny clunking sound each time I turn the engine on or off and also when I take my foot off the gas....

Any ideas - can't quite work out whether it is coming from the front or the back!

Help

R35 GTR
i get a big kerdunk sort of sound when i switch engine on, the force transfers through the gear stick. I am getting mounts checked on wednesday.

tiTTy & SV650
mine used to do it when you lift off, especially when booting it and lifting off, it settled down itself, never noticed it again since.

MINI JCW
mine makes a clunk sometimes when I 1st move the car it as though something is stopping the wheels and then its released it makes a clunk and then doesnt do it again till the next time I start it.

Meg 225 with cup packs.
gazcaddy said:
mine makes a clunk sometimes when I 1st move the car it as though something is stopping the wheels and then its released it makes a clunk and then doesnt do it again till the next time I start it.

I may be wrong Gaz but that sounds like your brake disk stuck. Thats quite normal especially after the car has been left a while or it has rained.

titanium 182
are the engine mounts notoriously dodgy on 182s as I think I may have heard a few people had this problem on 182s or perhaps i imagined it!
Its always there - i wondered if it was the mounts but then wasn't sure when I couldn't tell if it was coming from front or back!

sara182 said:
are the engine mounts notoriously dodgy on 182s as I think I may have heard a few people had this problem on 182s or perhaps i imagined it!
Its always there - i wondered if it was the mounts but then wasn't sure when I couldn't tell if it was coming from front or back!
Mounts are always trouble on 2.0 Clio.

RenaultSport Clio 182
The clunk when you pull away after turning the engine on is the ABS test, it happens on all 182's I think. But the engine mounts are notoriously dodgy so worth getting them checked.