ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cloudy Headlights :/

PB172
Okay so I had damaged lights due to oxidation as far as my knowledge goes from when I looked up the problem on here and Google so I went ahead and attacked it with some Lens polish I bourght off eBay. Said that it would fix 99 out of 100 lens and I had high hopes it woud just clean them up a little bit.

So I followed the steps and did it all how it asked, sand down with the lens polish through the grades then clean off, then polish them up with the polish compound.

Thing is now there's a cloudy residue clinging to the lens now.. It washes off pretty well and looks alright then drys and goes cloudy once again :/ It's really annoyed me as now they look worse than before!

Anyone had this happen to them, how did they go about fixing them?

Also found out about Meguires Plastic X. Was going to buy some today, what do people think?

PB172
Ah cheers guys :) I rubbed it all down but just need to buy a cheapo drill and some polish rotary bits then. Simples.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Urgh. Find someone nearby with a machine polisher !

Drill + polishing bits = nice lines all over your bonnet when it skips.

/cynic

PB172
Ahhh cheers guys think I'ma buy a drill now and then a kit like that :)

BTW Fuzzy, you by any chance one of the Admins on 106owners?

PB172
Sound, used to own a 106 :) Thought I recognised your nameeee haha. Just got myself a little polisher and some sand paper and meguires scratch x so should be mint in a few hours. Will post up the final result :)

PB172
Okay done! Happy with what the outcome was, needs some more TLC but will probably have to wait untill I have no University coursework to finish... Well start then finish. Check this:

5679907453_eed11bf180.jpg
5680469450_97d7e11e46.jpg

The outcome :)

5680470864_2a883def6c.jpg

Dead pleased :)