ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clonk bang ping noise

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hello. I have a 182 ff and when I turn off my drive it makes a pinging clonk noise from the front. It sounds like it's coming from the o/s. It drives fine and handles great. I just don't know where to look first? Is there a common issue with the 1*2's?

Last edited:

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a front spring maybe? I would jack the car up take wheels off and give everything a good check over.

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
You'll be able to see if it's a broken spring easy but if that looks like it's in one piece it might be the top mount

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I did have a look and the spring is in good condition. Could the top mount need tightening or do they wear out?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yep top mount bearing fooked. If it can't rotate freely it basically screws the spring around a bit and the noise you hear is that releasing. Get a pair of new top mounts on there.