ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clock/radio display removal?

renault clio 1.4 16v
i got some new bulbs for mine bt dont feel like taking the dash out lol, when theres some other problem ill do the job...

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Its a piece of piss. Proper piss.

IMG_20150502_133307.jpg

'03 Clio Sport 172
Has anyone removed the screen and replaced it with something else?
Just thinking, but mine only shows the time and temp due to having an aftermarket head unit. Wondering what else I could do to that space to make it more beneficial.....

Mercury Clio 182
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but the left hand side of the radio display in my 182 is dull. How does the dash come off and what bulbs do I need to repair it?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Pop the silver trims off from either side, and also the upper part of the steering cowling, then its a case of taking out the run of screws exposed, theres also 3 along the top of the dash in the vent for demisting the windscreen and a plastic screw each side to come off. Then a case of easing the top dash towards you and upwards

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Ok so I kinda know how to take the dash out but what then? My display is showing messed up letters and numbers. The light is not dull so I guess it's not about the bulbs being at fault. What else then?

Clio II K4J710
Its a piece of piss. Proper piss.

View attachment 131051
I must be piss weak, because I just can't get the left side of the upper dash to budge where the air bag is. Over on RenaultForums.co.uk there's a number of posts on this subject and as shown in most videos, the upper dash just pulls up and off, however there are a few posts that describe having difficulty in getting the left side off. The solution proposed in that case has been to "push down on the dash at the back of the airbag and then pull back.

In the above photo, I can see that there are three rectangular holes in the back of the metal airbag housing/frame, I'm thinking there may be some clips on the underside of dash that engage in those holes.

It would all make sense if I someone could post a similar photo of the underside of the dash to see what type of clips (if any) are stopping me from pulling the dash up and out.

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
Exactly the same thing happened to me. The airbag frame had been bent, so the slots in the dash wouldn't release. My solution was to unplug and unscrew the passenger airbag in situ and bring it out with the dash - super fiddly with a 1/4 wrench but it worked.

Then bent the airbag frame back into shape before reinstalling

Pic of the airbag slots for reference

PXL_20231106_071309968.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I was dreading doing this when the clock display started to fade on the left side.

By coincidence, my battery started to fail and a week or two later I got that swapped out. Instantly the display was all clear again - just so glad I didn't start the hassle of taking the dash apart prior to then!

Clio II K4J710
*Pegs that go into the airbag slots
I read another post yesterday that said you have to pull the upper dash straight out toward you, not up.

So, in my case, it was probably a mistake to lever up the front of the left hand (airbag) side, because now it's stuck in that position and I can't force it back down into the normal position :mad: