ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLOCK COUNTING IN SECS

PH1 172, E39
Of the wierdest things that can happen, the clock in the display is counting down in secs. I disconnected the -ve wire on the battery, hoping this could rectify the situation. But it is still there. The buttons aren't stuck neither. They appear normal.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like it's about to blow up.

I'm sure AK's Clio done this a few years ago. PM him and he'll tell you how to sort it.

PH1 172, E39
Believe me, for the 10 years I have own the car, I have never seen this. Neither in the Megane. I am studying if I leave off the battery over night if that might reset the system. If not, I think I'm going by my buddy over the weekend and troubleshoot.

PH1 172, E39
What the hell is it counting down from, how long have you got left. Maybe its a challenge.

I have no idea what is going on. Everything else on the car performs well. I'm going to leave off the battery tonight and see what happens.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It'll no doubt be the clock itself... I bet a second hand unit fixes it.

Clio
How many seconds on it? It won't reach zero on 21st December 2012 will it?

movie-Knowing-movie-review-dvd-new-critic-matt-willey-frontpage.gif

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
You can probably test my theory by holding down the up button, it should counteract/stall the stuck down button (this is only a theory from the theory room!)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Sorry fella...Imageshack isn't supported...save it on YouTube, then follow same process. :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
your op says the clocks counting down in seconds,

video shows it counting up?!

have you tried holding down the hour button and see if they count up at the same speed? if so, the button is stuck on internally and it needs a new unit.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
yeah thats counting up not down! :p bit odd how its not saving the time though... im starting to think its not the button, if it was the button i would have thought the time would have saved, no?

PH1 172, E39
yeah thats counting up not down! :p bit odd how its not saving the time though... im starting to think its not the button, if it was the button i would have thought the time would have saved, no?

I guess I would be needing a new unit then?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes, a new unit is required OR take that one to pieces and check the contact switch isn't stuck down.

You've accidentally accessed the Renault break down clock.

It should be set by the dealership when the car is new so at 3 years and 1 day the car breaks down disasterously.

It also breaks open the packet of squeaks that are hidden under the dashboard and the sachet of thuds kept in the engine bay.

Finally it sets off the alarm clock that awakens the tin worms that are hibernating it the rear welds of the original exhaust.

PH1 172, E39
You've accidentally accessed the Renault break down clock.

It should be set by the dealership when the car is new so at 3 years and 1 day the car breaks down disasterously.

It also breaks open the packet of squeaks that are hidden under the dashboard and the sachet of thuds kept in the engine bay.

Finally it sets off the alarm clock that awakens the tin worms that are hibernating it the rear welds of the original exhaust.

:nono::nono::nono:

PH1 172, E39
Just to let you all know, everything is back to normal. I still don't understand what triggered it but it has normalized itself.