ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cloak has burned out?

clio 172 cup
i went to a garage to get my car put onto the computer as my cd track screen was fading then going out etc the guy said it would be a loose connection but once he put it on the computer he said the cloak had burned out and will cost £129 for the parts, is this normal ive never heard of the cloak burning out i just thought the bulb?

'02 Monaco Blue 172
whats a cloak?

mine does something similar and need to get it fixed! the display will be fine then after half on hour of driving the display will go funny, as if certain bits of the numbers disappear, weird!

You on about the bit above the radio? The bulbs go on them all the time.
FLOL @ the diagnostic computer telling him the screen was burnt out, comedy gold!

clio 172 cup
whats a cloak?

mine does something similar and need to get it fixed! the display will be fine then after half on hour of driving the display will go funny, as if certain bits of the numbers disappear, weird!

the lcd display

clio 172 cup
aye lol but i just wanted it done couldnt be arsed to ***** about with scrappys.
i need the car sold quick to get a van