ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clip reader

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all

Does anyone in Fareham/hampshire area have the Renault clip system I could read my cars fault codes on please?

Regards

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Given that clip costs 3k for just the computer I highly doubt you will have anyone other than a garage who has one dude.

They also won't do it for free, given that the average Renault price for a plugin is 75 pounds.

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the replys, I have a fault code reader but i think it's lying haha, my limo mode light kept coming on which would put the emmitions light on as well. I changed the throttle body throttle pedal and tdc sensor, all has been fine for weeks, then on my way back from a track day yesterday the car developed the same faults. I was in track all day and it didn't miss a beat. My fault code reader sys throttle position circuit, I have changed all the bits and cleaned all plugs I've even checked all the wiring as far as I can.
The reason I asked about it being read on clip is because I go away Monday and need the car for then, Renault are unable to do it until mid day Monday and rentech are shut until Monday. If anyone could help I'd real appreciate it, I'm suppose to be going to germany in the Clio on Friday aaaagggghh
Regards
Sam

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Lol mine does the same thing sometimes. Changed the pedal an it still does it. Had it in clip and
It's the actual throttle body that needs changing. Very rarely does it though so doesn't really bother me