ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport.net Project Cars Time Trial Challenge - March

Clio 182 Trophy
Well done to @Pearcy who set the fastest time last month.

Guidelines:
1. At the start of each month a track and car are chosen by the driver with the fastest time from the previous month. If the same driver is fastest two months in a row then the track/car choice falls to the next fastest driver. The car & track should be chosen within a few days of the start of the month.
2. Keep to short tracks (<2.5 miles) so that it doesn't take too long to try and set a good time.
3. DLC cars not allowed.
4. Times must be set in time trial mode, not free practice or any other mode.
5. Entries should include what platform, controller (wheel or pad) and options were used - i.e. ABS, traction control and stability control.
6. Entries to be backed up by leaderboard link, screenshot or video.

I pick...

Nurburgring Mullenbach - Ginetta g40 Junior. Nice and short. Just done a 50.233 with a controller to test it out

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
49.902 so far. Xbox, pad and all options I think

Actually 49.367

IMG_4834.JPG

Reckon I could get it down to 49 flat I'm s**t

Last edited:
How the f**k? Lol

Do you change the setup of the car etc?
No mate, just standard set up on PS4 with a pad and full assists. This wont be nowhere near the fastest this month once other players get involved, I wouldn't be surprised if the winning time was in the 46's...

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
No mate, just standard set up on PS4 with a pad and full assists. This wont be nowhere near the fastest this month once other players get involved, I wouldn't be surprised if the winning time was in the 46's...

I genuinely don't know how that's possible lol

AndyBMX

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 265 / Tuono

I managed a 48.6 or something yesterday on my first few laps so there definitely is time to lose on there.

I'm not sure about getting into the 46's though, the car seems to slow to lose that much... Maybe I'll be proved wrong though.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, and the next time it decides to go into a tail slide going into the last corner, it had better leave the steering connected so I can actually do something about it, instead of just continuing on at X angle, no matter what I do with the steering until fully backwards, otherwise I'm going to chuck this keyboard through the screen.

Listerine & Poledo
Ah, very good.

Yeah, utter piss take.

I mean, what are they clipping me against? What!?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't mind if it was rigidly enforcing track limits all the way around, but that one corner, wtf?!?

Especially when you end up having to take it wide, to avoid the penalty, then overrunning the exit.

mk1 Octavia VRS
My best time so far is 48.094. Should be able to get into the 47s!

Quick video of a 48.300 with some 'moments' before the start of the lap and after the end!

Listerine & Poledo
I wouldn't mind if it was rigidly enforcing track limits all the way around, but that one corner, wtf?!?

Especially when you end up having to take it wide, to avoid the penalty, then overrunning the exit.
That entire complex is odd.
I like how I can make the hairpin just by lifting off with the rear axle locked after smashing the gearbox into 1st.
But then, sometimes, it'll just massively over-rotate and I'm pulling my nose out of the inside barrier.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
That entire complex is odd.
I like how I can make the hairpin just by lifting off with the rear axle locked after smashing the gearbox into 1st.
But then, sometimes, it'll just massively over-rotate and I'm pulling my nose out of the inside barrier.

Yep, that's exactly how I do it (both the shift locking and the doing it too early and spinning!)