ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport.net Golden Age

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
clumberbridge1.jpg

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't have any interest in clios until my work mate back in 2002 took me out in his tuned Williams 2. I nagged him to sell it for about a year but he wouldnt. Went and brought a 172 cup new in 2003 instead. He sold the williams a few months later for peanuts.

I didn't have any interest in clios until my work mate back in 2002 took me out in his tuned Williams 2. I nagged him to sell it for about a year but he wouldnt. Went and brought a 172 cup new in 2003 instead. He sold the williams a few months later for peanuts.
I remember seeing you down at Tesco's in Lakeside when you had the cup & I had my 16v. I'd never met you & didn't know if the car was on here, I mentioned it in the spotted section & you came forward & said it was you :up:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I wish I never sold he Valver I owned in 2012. Was an awesome little car.

danterzza

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I used to own a absolutely mint valver back in the day.

687be69930eb84b1fa32d72c07ad18ad.jpg

Not a spot of rust on it. Used to use the old 16v forum every now and then.

They have a ace interior.

fcb2dea4f514acde86ea7e7a4c6125b7.jpg

Proper regretted selling it so bought a Williams a few years ago.

9ac82d40cafb0a25637739393243381f.jpg

Bought as a project. Spent an actual fortune on it, but still needed loads doing so sold it after I realised it had sat for a year in the garage without me touching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Somebody just liked one of my photos, hence the new post - valvers are great looking motors!

2003 Clio 172
Would appear my old one is no more. Sold it as spares or repairs in 2003 after I put it on it's side in a country lane. Looks like it went back on the road for a while though. Miss that car.
Screenshot_20180914-173517_Chrome.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Also owned a naples and a brooklands green 16v n all but can't find pics, and a Williams 3 and probably couple of others I've forgotten about, lol

2003 Clio 172
In hindsight my valver was also far less troublesome than my 172, maybe with it being a simpler car with less to go wrong. I can literally count on one hand the issues I had with it in 20k miles of ownership. The 172, erm... ?

2003 Clio 172
Also owned a naples and a brooklands green 16v n all but can't find pics, and a Williams 3 and probably couple of others I've forgotten about, lol
No pics of mine unfortunately as was just before camera phones. Was Sport Blue with a devil exhaust and 17" TSW venoms (very much of their time those wheels lol). In hindsight the OE Turbines or Vegas look much better.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I always think of @Coops Mk1 and @midge as the mk1 lads on the forum :)

I used to have a mint 32k valver before I swapped it for a 172 then I started using ClioSport, I was mostly on Clio16valver or Clio Williams before then.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They really were the good times! 2004-2008 for me. Meets every week/weekend and f**king around with cars.

Now I get excited about heated seats in my automatic diesel.