ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Festival 17 feedback thread

Kirsty

Trader Coordinator
  Clio 182 Trophy
More than happy to try other catering suggestions :) but when they are literally hand made pizzas from scratch its expected to be a short wait.. they were there from 2pm making dough.

Throw catering ideas my way and I am happy to research for next year :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Dunno what all this talk of snoring is about. I slept like a baby! 😂

You did but I could hear you nearly the other side of the feild ! It's like a beacon back to my tent from the toilets ... just judge how far the snoring is away .... PMSL

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The food was great, the wait not so but it was an hour of banter and didn't seem as long a wait as it actually was.
Where is the go kart track??
We pitched our tents late on Saturday and sort of made a row each:tearsofjoy:. We sort of followed instructions!
Can we not have more shiny cars parked on the grass by the marquee? It sort of looks like dead space and there's some really nice cars parked way out by the entrance.
Maybe ask area reps to help out on the day to get people in the right places?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Pizza queue..... That it's, as mentioned
If i'm being honest, I preferred the pies last year than the pizzas, I thought they were tastier and they had the advantage of being able to prepared loads of them at once so the queue went down very quickly, there were just too many people for the pizza company to deal with, they did their best but by the time everyone was fed it was nearly 10pm, last year everyone had a pie and was in the beer tent before 8pm, I think that was the main reason it was a bit dead in there this year.
+1 I did enjoy the pizza, after the epic queue to order, then wait for it to be made. Agreeing with everything above, they're a bespoke service trying to keep up with the demand of a club.

But that's it, everything else about the weekend worked in my opinion.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Dunno what all this talk of snoring is about. I slept like a baby! 😂
Me too mate, I don't know what the problem is...[emoji23]
I think @Phase1sr was a close second. 😂
I didn't hear a thing. [emoji6]
I had snoring from three sides at one point.

I won't mention names @Knuckles @Phase1sr @JP83
I made people aware that I snor, it's there problem. Not mine...[emoji106]

You wasn't moving that big ass tent this year, was ya...[emoji23] [emoji23]

The only things I'd say, have been mentioned I think.

It was really well organised, and there was plenty to do and see.

Only things I'd suggest are moving the passenger pickup point, or making driver's more aware of them (I didn't see it till near the end of the morning session, so only took out a few mates).
Name tags - I saw some folks with them on, but I didn't see many. I know you can't force them on people, but maybe stick one in with the tickets?

Otherwise, it was another fantastic weekend!

@OssPoop said a similar thing in another thread which should be added to this thread. It's worth thinking about adding a question when booking tracktime on whether drivers are happy to give passenger laps. This that say yes get a "CSF Taxi" in their welcome pack.

As has been said, moving the passenger pickup up point close to the entrance to the circuit will help those who want to go out for a spin into a car.

Personally, I love giving people passenger laps, just wish more people had asked!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
@OssPoop said a similar thing in another thread which should be added to this thread. It's worth thinking about adding a question when booking tracktime on whether drivers are happy to give passenger laps. This that say yes get a "CSF Taxi" in their welcome pack.

As has been said, moving the passenger pickup up point close to the entrance to the circuit will help those who want to go out for a spin into a car.

Personally, I love giving people passenger laps, just wish more people had asked!

As I've already said, moving the sign closer to the track entrance wasn't an option.

Will look at ways of making the CS taxi service better next year :up:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Even if we put the stickers on the disclaimer form bench at sign on so people who are willing can take one. There's plenty of options to make it better next year :)

And I'd like to say, my nose is still fucked, I'm not a snorer usually. Honest lol

Hell yeah to a snoring zone, my mate was at it all fu*king night. I had ear buds in but could still hear and feel the vibrations he was that loud, I had a couple of hours sleep all Friday night and the end I just got up at 4am. Saturday I download an app that gave off white noise and slept with both headphones in as well as buying sleeping tablets at the Tesco in Gainsbourgh, lol.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hell yeah to a snoring zone, my mate was at it all fu*king night. I had ear buds in but could still hear and feel the vibrations he was that loud, I had a couple of hours sleep all Friday night and the end I just got up at 4am. Saturday I download an app that gave off white noise and slept with both headphones in as well as buying sleeping tablets at the Tesco in Gainsbourgh, lol.

Haha he was loud mate.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've had an idea about how CSF Taxi's can be better advertised on the day, if we had a big sign staked into the grass where the line is facing the actually show saying 'CSF Taxi Rank £5 all day' and where to buy passes, then people mingling about would be able to see it better and we might get more takers, it was a small sign on the line and could only be seen if you were actually near it.

DSC_0331 (2).JPG

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
It's really good reading the feedback from you guys and reassuring to know we're not getting it too far wrong.

I had a great time this year, even with the stress and lack of sleep (need to work on that for next year!) I spoke to quite a lot of you that attended and you are were all friendly people. As a whole, we should be proud of that. Well done everyone that attended and made the event what it was.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
If we can get them for a decent price we will definitely have them at CSF!

We had a fairground ride at CSF15 that was just within our budget (dogems were double the price) and very few people used it, but I think dodgems would be well used

IMG_5386.JPG

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
If we can get them for a decent price we will definitely have them at CSF!

We had a fairground ride at CSF15 that was just within our budget (dogems were double the price) and very few people used it, but I think dodgems would be well used

View attachment 1332769
I shall find out mate and let you know. He's got all manner of fair ground equipment tbh. I'm sure he said that the dodgems are £1k for a day, but I'll ask him and let you guys know. :up:

RS 200 CUP
I hate typing on my phone so thought I'd wait until I was back at work to give some feedback. This was my first time there so I don't have much to compare it to but I really enjoyed it. Food was great, music wasn't bad, got lucky on the raffle and won 4 times so can't complain there :D had no issues with the camping although I didn't find out until Saturday night that I had set up and camped with the folks from the 197 forum; nice people anyway so no problems there. Only feedback I can give is more signage for whats going on where and when and how much. Big thanks to everyone who set it up and made a great weekend :)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
CSF17 was brilliant for me in a few ways, I caught up with some old friends that I've not seen for quite some time, the admins as usual worked their ars3s off to give us a fab day and was great to get out on track.

One thing people mentioned about the marquee being a bit quiet in the eve, a lot of people are there for the social chit chat and it's very difficult to talk or be heard with the music so loud. Even sat outside the marquee it was incredibly loud!

Meeting Stuart was great too, I watched the telly programme he featured on so was really nice to meet him in real life. As I have taught several people with various disabilities to drive it was good to talk about how he coped when learning to drive.

I didn't have any issues with snoring in my cosy cottage though 😂

Roll on CSF18!