ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clios been broken into!

182 Cup
Can't you get security window film (not tinted) that stops the little sh!ts from smashing the windows?

182 FF
gutted for you mate. i always usdto leave mine in the dlove box but then my mate had his brocken into and stolen, and a few days later it happened to another one of my mates so i now make a consious effort to take it out. even if i dont want to carry it. i just make the missis put it in her hand bag lol.

That used to be my trick with my headunit and sat nav! then at christmas she fliped the script on me and bought me a man bag!!!:dapprove:

s1 williams/106gti
sorry to hear about this mate.someone threw a bottle through the window of my e30 and i was finding glass for a year !!! !!!

Mk2 ph1 clio
That security film looks awesome.. if it really works that well!!

not going to bother with this car atm, i'll find out tomorrow if i can get a 172 or not :approve: so fingers crossed.

I've managed to get my car parked in a service yard with the rest of the team leaders so for now its pretty safe!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Just an update!

Police rang me, they have the car that did it... or at least have the reg for it. Arrests will be made asap.

They broke into two other cars in the yellow multi story car park .. bright lights plus CCTV .. thick cnuts!!!

Good news i guess! The police valued the stuff in my car at £300 which is about right!

Mk2 ph1 clio
I used to cause i work at argos so its 2 mins away but we get a £40 fine if we get caught using the malls..

At least they know whos done it.. its the first break ins in 6 years tho.. not a bad record.

been there mate, i walked back to my car and i seen the glass on the floor, the glass in the door was still cracking so it can't have been more than 2 mins before i got there

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Yeah a couple of my mates have said the same. A mk1 driving around newcastle similar to mine. Reason for my new wheels to be fitted soon-ish :D

Wasnt on the A1 on sunday i dont think, so wasnt me lol

Static Low
I always park under the bridge when im at the metro centre !
something tells me its in the red section.

Static Low
a dunnooo. walk along for a min and through the door. a think greggs and hmv is just when u go in, along a bit on the right.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Yeah a couple of my mates have said the same. A mk1 driving around newcastle similar to mine. Reason for my new wheels to be fitted soon-ish :D

Wasnt on the A1 on sunday i dont think, so wasnt me lol

lol ah well deffo not you then! What wheels you going for?

Renaultsport 200
What's worse? Losing the front from a locker or having to replace a smashed window and all the lost bits and pieces?!?!?

Granted everyone deserves to drive to work without the fear of crime but ignorance of the fact it exists, and being naive enough to fuel such crime by playing into the criminals hands by leaving the face-off in the car, doesn't help us all in general.

If these idiots who break into cars found themselves missing the vital face-off every time they broke into a car then I guess they'd think again. The fact they can break into 10 cars safe in the knowledge 6 of those owners have left the face-off in the car makes the gamble worth it and the self perpetuating cycle continues. It's those of us that bother to remove all valuables that suffer.

These facts you speak of, where are they published? I would like to read them.

He couldnt put his CD face in safe keeping at work as he was scared it would be stolen there. He couldnt leave it at home as it would make a nice expensive dust collector so he left it out of sight under his seat, a reasonable tactic I think.

The very fact he still has his facia contradicts your point. If these theives were breaking in "safe in the knowledge 6 of those owners have left the face-off in the car makes the gamble worth it" then why does he hold his cd front in his hand today? Lets be honest, if you were a theif you would probably look under the seat and the glove box.!

As they didn't look in these places it means they were opportunist theives who were quickly in and quickly out and grabbed what they could. The people that "suffer" here are the ones that have windows smashed and locks screwed open.

The guy needs a bit of sympathy and advice, not a judgemental fingers being waved.

EDIT: You can also take every measure you want to. Thesedays if they see the small sucker ring mark a sat nav holder leaves on the window they break in. We will have to start carrying window wipes to wipe away evidence of ever using one next!

Last edited:
  Was a 197
i agree with mcphee, if aint nailed down then they'll try and get it!!! (and even if it is nailed down, they'll still try).

Like when i had mine broken into, they only got my cheapo pda. they couldn't get my stereo out as i'd fitted it in such a way that they would need the keys to get it out!!! (my morale victory)

Mk2 ph1 clio
Thanks for that mcphee.

TBH.. i dont see how my car looks any different with the front of the radio under my seat or in a locker.

Like it's been said they were opportunists... Got lucky.. tried twice more.. didnt get so lucky... they got one radio out and left the other.

Still waiting to hear about them, not sure whats goin on atm!