ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio tce won't hold idle

57 reg Tce Clio
Hi folks
I've been trying to get my 2007 (57) Clio 1.2 TCE up together after a long summer do being used for family trips.
It recently had the crank case to inlet evaporate pipe replaced after it snapped at some point during the summer.
Since its replacement the idle was fine for about 1-3 miles but since then it has developed a fault were it won't hold its idle and keeps stalling when you start. Plugged it in but there is no fault codes, can anyone shed any light on it?

Any idea on why it could be doing it?
Cheers Callum

Clio 182 FF
Could be the car had learnt new fuel trims as there was an air leak. So try disconnecting battery overnight. Reconnect in morning and drive it. You may need to drive it for a while to relearn the fuel trims. If that is in fact your problem. But it's a free try.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You need to carry out a throttle service: Remove TB, Clean, Replace, Reset engine adaptive values - Job done!

You will need access to some pretty good diagnostic kit to be able to reset the adaptive values though I'm afraid. Battery Off will not do this for you.