ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport 172 Valve springs

Renault sport Clio 172
In my engine i have colombo&bariani cams 280/286 , pipercross induction kit , supersprint full exhaust and handmade decat pipe, full cylinder head work and full inlet manifold work. Can you give me a advice about the valve springs and technical information about it ,because i cant buy it in schrick catologue without it ! Very Big Thanks! And can you help me to find forged pistons , with the same like stock compression ratio. Best regards . Thanks for help .
P.s. Sorr for language )) (i'm from Russia)))) :cheers:

Lionel Richie
no one makes forged pistons with the stock compression ratio

i don't know of anyone who has upgraded the valve springs, they seem fine at 8000rpm with schrick 288/280 cams

2005 Nissan Navara
with big lift/rpm they will need replacing.

Contact Eibach with your required dimensions/rates.

Pistons are available for any Cr...try the usual names.

Renault sport Clio 172
No , i only whant no know -
Stock valve springs -
1. Outer diametr
2. Inner diametr
3. Wire diametr
4. Max install height
5. Min operating height
6. Max valve lift
7. Force at L1/L2
Uprated high valve springs are fitted. Schrick and Eibach dont have springs special for my clio. It must be fitted . But i cant do that , because i dont know stock parameters of valve springs. I want to use valve springs with bigger force. And about that i ask you , my friends .
Parameters of stock valve springs?

Lionel Richie
why do you want better valve springs? we've been using schrick 288/280 cams on a 240bhp engine for 15,000miles with no problems

Renault sport Clio 172
I want bigger rise in valve overlapping. When i put cams in that image, valves can not то be closed are in time after 6500 rpm. That because i nead more strong valve springs. I like this cams position much better than any another i tryed ,because i receive VERY strong power after 4500 , but after 6500 engine is go withers. Sorr for spelling

Last edited:
  2005 Nissan Navara
what lift are the cams giving? are you actually getting a proble, are are you talking theoretically?
reason I ask is blindly increasing the spring stiffness will rapidly increase nose preasure on the cam shaft. doing this obviously increases chance of cam failure.
in short, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Renault sport Clio 172
what lift are the cams giving? are you actually getting a proble, are are you talking theoretically?
reason I ask is blindly increasing the spring stiffness will rapidly increase nose preasure on the cam shaft. doing this obviously increases chance of cam failure.
in short, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/products/product.asp?b=false&id=76322
Maybe this package give you answer.(it is difficcult to me , without good language) Im NOT theoretically. Cams will have a good life , believe me.

No No friends,
I only whant to know where can i buy uprated high valve springs , and what parameters of stock valve springs.

Last edited:
  2005 Nissan Navara
So whats the problem with measuring the stock items you have, and then contact Catcams/Eibach/Shrick???

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
My car also has got colombo&cams, the cam's you got are the road profile one's. You never need uprated valve springs. If you insist changing them here is the info you need

http://www.catcams.be/datafiles/docs/springsetup55024xx1.htm

You are talking about the increased lift values but you gotta be careful this time piston might catch your valves when it is at TDC. It does not matter whether you got uprated springs or not. And also with the haydraulic tappets I do not think you can get higher lift values.

Ask Mr Bariani about the available profiles for F4R. I am sure they got some race one's as well. He has updated the cam profile 4 times for the last 4 years.